Fully Digital Exam
VSI uses a state-of-the-art GE Logiq E ultrasound machine, a fully digital system. This machine utilizes 11MegHz linear, 8MegHz curvilinear, 6 MHegHz sector and 3 MegHz sector probes. VSI uses a state-of-the-art web based reporting system called Timeless Veterinary Management System which allows you to create and maintain your patient records with the ultrasound reports and images.
- Case Report
- Imaging findings with severity and differentials for those findings.
- Treatment and/or further diagnostic recommendations when applicable.
- Prognosis when applicable.
- Any labwork pdf file, radiographs, ecg recordings, cytology reports and specialists consults that you care to upload to complete the case report.
- Digital Images: All patient sonographic stills and video clips can be downloaded via a shared dropbox folder. To request an email link to access this shared folder call 800-535-9554 or email VSI at email@example.com. A Dropbox account is not required.
- Specialist Referrals: At your request, an individual case report can be shared with a specialty referral center of your choice. An email link can be sent to a referral center within 24 hours of a written or phone request to VSI (email requests are preferred).
- Telemedicine Reports: All abnormal echocardiograms will be sent to a board certified cardiologist for interpretation. Consultation on any case will be recommended where the sonographic findings are unclear and the clinical picture needs specialized help.
- Echocardiogram All abnormal echocardiograms will be sent to a board certified cardiologist for interpretation. Consultation on any case will be recommended where the sonographic findings are unclear and the clinical picture needs specialized help. When applicable, the VSI report will include treatment/therapeutic options and prognosis.
- Ultrasound Image Consults for additional confirmation and recommendations are available my request with Eric Lindquist, DMV (Italy) ABVP - ultrasound pathology, diagnostic recommendations, founder of SonoPath.com or Linda Luther DVM, [DACVIM - Small Animal Internal Medicine]. An additional fee may apply.
- Cytology Submitted FNA preparations are submitted locally to Amy Miller, DVM, Diplomate ACVP (Clinical Pathology). Turn around time is generally 24 hours when submitted Monday thru Friday before noon. When applicable, Dr. Miller’s cytology report will direct further diagnostics and prognosis. Sample submission to Claudia Barton, DVM, Dip ACVIM (Oncology & Internal Medicine) is also available by request. Images are available for Dr. Barton to review at the time of her interpretation. When applicable, her cytology report will include treatment/chemotherapeutic options and prognosis.
- Report Availability: A case report is generated within 12 hours of the VSI doctor leaving your facility & post on your VSI web based referral site.
- Email Delivery: When the report is completed, it is sent in PDF format to the email address specified by the clinic at the time of registration. (Viewing the report requires Adobe Acrobat. Click here to get the free Adobe Acrobat reader). Call or email to request a resend of case report at any time. Rapid turn around and diagnostic efficiency is our goal.
- Price List of Services: A list of services offered by VSI and prices are available on request. Please call 800-535-9554 to be emailed a copy.
This is perhaps the most valuable aspect of the service VSI provides. The VSI doctor's thorough understanding of the majority of disease processes diagnosable with ultrasound and pertinent therapies, prognosis or next best diagnostic step, provides you with the peace of mind needed to proceed with the case and the confidence to go to your client and discuss the findings. Ultrasound is only effective when combined with understanding of the pathophysiology of disease processes that lead to sonographically significant changes. Even when there are no sonographically significant findings, suggestions for the next diagnostic step can be enormously helpful.
We will make every effort keep our scheduled appointment time and to communicate to you when we think we will arrive to perform the ultrasound exam. It is recommended to have the patient dropped off at least two hours prior to the appointment time. The VSI doctor will call 30min to 1 hour prior to arrival to confirm that the patient is available for the exam and to aid you in preparation and planning. If the patient is not shaved yet, this is the last chance to get it completed prior to the doctor’s arrival. You may call any time for a status update of estimated time of arrival.
You may call any time for a status update of estimated time of arrival.